Monday, October 25, 2010

Doctor Day

Today was a big doctor day. This morning I took all three kids to our pediatrician for wellness check-ups and immunizations. Compared to our trip to the library last Friday, this was a breeze.

This afternoon I went down to the Telfair Pavilion for several ultrasound scans of my upper body. Even though getting tests done is not necessarily enjoyable, the nurses there have been extraordinarily kind and helpful to me over the past couple weeks (probably motivated partly by compassion for me and interest in Samuel). The ultrasounds were mostly clear, with the only area of concern being a lymph node on my left side (the same side as the cancerous tumor). I had a needle biopsy done on the lymph node (which was very painful) and we should get those results by the end of the week.

Please pray that God would help me trust in the goodness of His sovereign will, no matter what the test results reveal. As Romans 8:28 promises, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."