Friday, February 11, 2011

Surgery Update #3

Just met with the breast surgeon...she confirmed that Erin will need radiation. That means they will not do the breast reconstruction today...they will wait until after radiation (30 days) and chemo (12 weeks). They have removed the first two layers of lymph nodes, though only the first node had any cancer. The good part of this is that her recovery will be easier...she will likely go home on Sat or Sun. The hard part is that E really wanted to do everything at once and really wanted to avoid radiation. So please pray for her when she hears the will be really hard for her. She should be done in about 45 minutes and then move to a recovery room to wake up.