Monday, December 6, 2010

Savannah Morning News Article

When Matt and I started this blog our goal was not merely to provide medical updates on my cancer, but more importantly to use this hard circumstance to point people to our loving, faithful, all-sufficient God. Ultimately, my cancer is not a curse to be endured, but a gift to be used for the glory of God. And so it has been our prayer that God would use my cancer and this blog for His glory. By His help and grace, I believe that is happening!

Last week, Anne Hart, a reporter from the Savannah Morning News, contacted me to ask if she could interview me for a "personality profile" article. I was surprised by the request and pretty nervous for what would be my first "media interview." But I quickly realized that this was not about me -  it was simply another way God was using me to point people to Him. So Matt and I (and several others) prayed that God would give me the wisdom and grace to speak clearly about how cancer, though a difficult circumstance, is an opportunity to realize our "idols" (independence, control, body image, etc.) and turn towards the God who alone provides for our every need in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:19). 

The article was published in today's Savannah Morning News. I just read the article for the first time and am happy to say that the article turned out even better than I expected. Anne did a great job of communicating  how God has been proving Himself faithful to me, as well as how He has been using my cancer to point people to God and His Word. I am also thankful for the "public" opportunity to praise my family, friends, church, and Pooler MOPS for their incredible help and support during this time. God has been caring for me through you - so thank you for being a part of that!

You can read the article online here.