Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Avon

Since I was diagnosed with breast cancer God has been gracious to provide for our needs in many ways. But our ongoing medical expenses related to my cancer have continued to be a financial challenge for our family, as it is for so many families dealing with a major illness.

A friend of mine recently mentioned the possibility of being an Avon representative. The business model is ideal for me as a stay-at-home mom, and the Avon Foundation is a huge supporter of breast cancer research and has programs in fifty countries that work to provide women access to care. And the products Avon sells go way beyond make-up; they also sell jewelery, clothes, home goods, children's products, and much more.


So as of today, I am working as an Avon representative! I am not intending to use this blog as a marketing tool - I want to keep it focused on being a "live diary" of my journey through cancer. But since this is a part of my journey, I thought I would include just one brief post about it.

If you would be interested in making an Avon purchase, you can shop at my personalized Avon website here. If you'd rather look through a printed catalog, just let me know - I can either give one to you in person or send you one in the mail. However, shopping on my Avon website will probably be best since there are new catalogs published every two weeks. 

Thanks so much for your prayers and continued support!