Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Found in Christ

I have now started physical therapy for a loss of muscle due to my treatments. Just another reminder that my body is temporary and I get to look forward to a new and perfect body in heaven. One with no pain and no cancer! I am hoping that this physical therapy will be temporary. The goal is to go a few times a week for a month then be able to do strengthening exersises at home. I am surprised that my body has a lack of muscle considering how hard my kids work me all day!

I have a wonderful and encouraging friend who has been walking along side of me throughout this past year and a half. She has once again given me a wonderful reminder of God's truth in Philippians 3:1,7-11.

Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you...Whatever I gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I was able to have joy because I knew that I was, and am, "found in Him (v. 9)." Becuase of that truth i can, "rejoice in the Lord (v. 1)." My joy is not defined by circumstances, it is defined by Christ!

I may have posted this video before, but this song has such wonderful words and is such a great reminder that our hope is found In Christ Alone.