Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Special Summer Blessing!

God has given us a huge gift for the summer! Our friend Bethany Haines has volunteered to come to Savannah to help me out with the kids as I finish up my chemotherapy and go through radiation. We know Bethany from St. Louis where her father, John Haines, worked with my dad for many years at Twin Oaks Presbyterian Church (in fact, he also hired Matt as an intern for a few months before Matt went to seminary). Like me, Bethany is studying Elementary Education at Covenant College has two sisters (in fact, I was her youngest sister’s Fourth Grade Teacher). Their family, now living in Charlotte, has always been such a special part of our lives and a wonderful blessing to us.

Bethany contacted me about two months ago and said that God had laid it on her heart to help our family in some way. With her summer break corresponding with my upcoming radiation treatments, she suggested coming to help with the kids. I excitedly responded saying, “When can you be here?!” J After talking it over, we arranged for Bethany to come for one week this month, and then return for most of June and July. Since our house is a little small and very busy with the kids, it doesn’t exactly lend itself well to house guests. But as always, God had a plan for every detail. We contacted some family friends of ours who also know Bethany and live just 10 minutes away from us, and asked if they might be able to host Bethany for the summer. Sure enough, they said that they had been praying for a way that they could help us. What a blessing it is that God provides for our every need!

Thank you, Bethany, for your selflessness in being here to help care for and love our children! We love you!


“And my God will supply every need of yours
according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:19