Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Family Days

God never gives us more than we can handle and always provides what we need just when we need it. And God provided just what we needed: two restful family days.

Through the generosity of family and friends, God provided Matt and I with a 24-hour mini-vacation in Hilton Head Island yesterday and today (3/14-15). The past couple weeks have been very hard on both of us, so this brief time away could not have come at a better time. It was so nice to be in a different place and to not have to think or talk about being sick, about cancer, about doctors, etc. We were able to just relax and enjoy God's creation together.



Today we came back from Hilton Head to celebrate Lydia's 4th birthday. It is so hard to believe that my little girl is growing up so fast! I am so thankful for my sweet, thoughtful, precious Lydia.




I am so thankful for everyone who has been praying for me and encouraging me throughout this process, especially during the past two weeks. This journey has taught me so much what it means to be a part of the Body of Christ. 

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.
Philippians 1:3-5